Lincoln Rotary Club #14 Strategic Plan
(adopted May, 2014)
Create and implement an effective educational plan to inform membership of the goals, objectives and culture of Lincoln Rotary Club #14 and its Foundation.
- Utilize Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI) for member training.
- For Red Badge (new) members, create a system for mandatory participation on the Fundraising Event Planning Committee (fall or spring) AND one of the following committees: Nebraskan of the Year, Salute to Business or In-Club Celebrations.
- Develop a set of “Fast Track” requirements for former or “transferring in” Rotarians.
- Invite one Past-President to attend/participate (informally) in each NEOS meeting to assist in sharing the history, vision and culture of Club #14 with new members.
- Redesign the monthly themes for Club #14 to help communicate the unwritten “lore”, history and importance of that theme to membership.
Maintain a viable membership size of 300 that reflects the leadership of the larger business and professional community from which Club #14 draws its members.
- Gain an understanding of the current demographics of the business and professional community from which it draws its members as well as Lincoln Rotary Club #14 membership.
- Inform membership of the current demographics.
- Educate members with a focus on programming that showcases the many faces of community leadership.
- Using the demographic information develop a recruitment strategy that empowers Club #14 members to find new members that represent the community leadership.
Increase member satisfaction as reflected by improved retention rates and participation.
- Review, revise and communicate the details and rules re: attendance, make-up attendance, etc., to increase average meeting participation, including make-ups, .
- Increase the number and frequency of social activities (whole club AND small group).
- Discuss and explore a new way to measure member participation, tracking member engagement.
Increase the number of members involved in Lincoln Rotary Club #14’s fundraising efforts.
- Together, the Foundation Board and Club Board will evaluate the appropriate fundraising goal for each event in which Club #14 engages.
- Review and evaluate the fundraising (auction) committee process, considering a new infrastructure to provide a more permanent solution to ensure a successful event.
- Develop a fundraising image and aura that makes it an honor and pleasure to serve on related committees.
- Improve Club #14 members’ understanding of where individual donations are going and how they are being utilized.
- Develop a pro forma that meets the annual fundraising goal.
- Evaluate and consider new ways of fundraising within Club #14 membership.